Thursday 6 November 2014

Planning: Audience - Ms Begum

Audience

 

Introduction

- It is important to know who my audiences are so that I'm able to use what is conventions and what is appealing to them. Also to understand their perception of what they might like and what understanding and meaning they can take from my music video.
 
 
- Age: 15-25 - this is because they will understand the themes within the Hip-hop genre the most due to them being young and the genre is something that they can fairly familiarise with.
 
- Genre: Unisex - this is because the music is appealing to both genders due to the themes such as love/relationship and conventional features of the Hip hop / Soul genre within the music video.
 
- Race: Multiple races - this is because the music is fairly common and easily understood for all the races to understand simply due to the simple concept and narrative of the video.
 
- Audience Category: E - C2 - this is because they will enjoy and prefer this genre of Hip hop / Soul more than the high categories due to them being young and may be able to relate to the narrative within the music video.
 
- Income Bracket / Status: Low income (0 - 20,000 per annum) / Low status - this is because my music genre isn't likely to appeal to those of a high audience category. Therefore income will generally be lower as well as the status.
 
- Hobbies & Interests: Dancing, Drinking, Singing, Partying etc. - this is because these themes are likely the most appealing to the younger/lower audience category due to them being able to relate to their hobbies and other interests.
 
Audience reaction to my video:
I would like my audience to respond to my audience in all ways (Audience Engagement, Expectation, Identification, Placement and  Foreknowledge)
 
Audience engagement: I want my audience to interact and relate to my music video with different viewpoints as a narrative is fairly common and easily relatable.
 
Audience expectation: I want to meet my audience's expectation and their needs so I created a questionnaire to find out what they prefer to see in a music video.  
 
Audience identification: I want my audience to be able to relate to my artist in a way where they feel like someone else might be experiencing the same thing that they are going through or have been through rather than feeling like they are the only one.
 
Audience placement: By including a narrative into my music video, I want my audience to be able they to relate to the narrative and make them feel like the song is made for them.
 
Audience foreknowledge: I want my audience to have assumptions about the star and the video because it is a genre that is relatable and has a clear set of codes and conventions. I want to be able to expect certain things from the star.
 
 
 - this is important to know because I want to collect as much information from my target as possible to be able to meet their expectations and understand their needs as well as their background. This will benefit my planning for my music video as it allows me to extend my creativity and includes those features that appeal most to my audience.
 
 

Why is it important to know about audiences when creating a music video?

- It is very important to know about audiences when creating a music video because if a music video doesn't includes any features that are relatable or isn't includes the conventional features to the music genre, it is more likely that the music video will not be successful. Therefore, knowing about audiences when creating a music video is beneficial because I can learn more about my audience's background, what they prefer, what they like/dislike in a music video and what music genre is most appealing to my target audience. Collecting these information allows me to work harder on my music video to includes as much conventional features of the genre that my audience prefer as well as being creative with my narrative and performance concept so that my music video can be more enjoyable to watch and at the same time appealing to my audiences.
 
 

 

- 

1 comment:

  1. Good planning of your potential target audience Ken. You categorise them well and justify why you have chosen them. The audience reactions you want from your video are also stated.

    To improve;
    -be a bit more specific in how you will cause certain audience reactions

    ReplyDelete